We at Envision/InsideLegal have been co-producing the Vendor Education Program at the ILTA Annual Conference since 2004. For our fifth year anniversary, we took a step back and looked at how we could improve the program, resulting in a plan to offer more content to the vendor attendees while still covering all the main information areas. Primarily, we wanted to make sure the program was applicable to established vendors who may have attended all past events as well as new vendor attendees. Please get your booths setup early on Monday, August 25th so you can join us! Here are the details for the 2008 ILTA Vendor Program that will take place in Texan Station Lower Level:
Vendor Business Meeting – 1:00-1:30 p.m.
Don’t miss the ILTA ’08 Vendor Business Meeting! This session will include an opportunity to meet the ILTA staff, to receive updates on conference activities, find out about future conference locations and get an update on general ILTA programs.
ILTA Member Technology Purchasing Survey & InsideLegal Vendor Marketing Survey Results – 1:30-2:15 p.m.
We will present the findings of the 2008 ILTA Member Technology Purchasing Survey as well as the inaugural InsideLegal Legal Technology Vendor Marketing Survey, both extremely relevant to vendor executives and marketing staff. This is good information to be armed with before the exhibit hall opens! Take a look at the ILTA Member Technology Purchasing Survey from 2007 to get an idea of the information we'll be covering. We'll also be going over a sneak preview of the Inaugural InsideLegal Legal Technology Vendor Marketing Survey.
ILTA Vendor Breakout Program – 2:15-5:15 p.m.
This year, we will be expanding topics and offering a vendor breakout program including five, simultaneously offered, roundtable sessions offered in 20 minute intervals. This will give each attendee the opportunity to attend all sessions in a small group where they can interact and ask questions. In addition to allowing a broader offering and incorporating more ILTA industry partners, we hope this approach will draw additional personnel from the vendor companies in addition to only their marketing contacts. The preliminary breakout topics, which will each be hosted by 2 faculty per table, include:
- Working with Association Media – Randi Mayes, Executive Director of ILTA, and Monica Williams, new Editor of ILTA & Larry Smith, ABA LPM Exec Director
- Working with Online Media/Bloggers – Sean Doherty, Technology Editor of Law.com
- Working with Legal Media – Charles Christian, Editor of Legal Technology Insider & Albert Buckwalter, Editor of Litigation Support Today
- Working with ILTA Regions and Peer Groups - Kara Portwood (Armstrong Teasdale) ILTA Microsoft Peer Group VP & Deb Himsel (Locke Reynolds) Great Lakes Regional VP
- Advice for Selling to ILTA’s Members – Peggy Wechsler, Program Director and Vendor Liaison of ILTA & Joy Heath (Sidley Austin), President of ILTA
The breakout sessions will include with a Q&A portion and an in-room networking reception affording vendors the opportunity to mingle with the other attendees and meet the panelists. To participate, please RSVP with your name, company, title and email address to JoAnna Forshee by the end of Friday, August 22.