ILTA has compiled a list of the most requested education topics by its members based on the results of its semi-annual regional survey (as of January 2009), and suggestions from its members. Here is a full listing of the requested topics.
Most Requested Topics Based on ILTA Regional Survey Data
- Systems/Software/Tools - Project management, particularly the management of IT projects
- Collaboration/Communication - MS Outlook/Exchange; E-mail archiving
- Document Creation/Management - Microsoft Office 2007
- Infrastructure/Networking/Development - Virtualization, particularly desktop virtualization and its place in law firms; Remote Access/Citrix/VPNs; SharePoint
- Litigation Support - Challenges common and uncommon to litigation support and IT; Case/matter management
- Practice Support/Management - Databases used to support; Virtual deal rooms/extranet tools
- Knowledge Management - Searching technologies (enterprise/federated)
- Issues/Strategies - Project management; Training/e-learning-how to utilize/justify e-learning given the reduction in training budgets, etc.
To be considered for speaking opportunities at ILTA local meetings, webinars or future conferences, vendors are encouraged to submit courses via ILTA’s Course Catalog. If your company provides products or services in any of these areas, be sure to get a course description in the catalog (other topics are welcome as well). Submitted courses remain in the course catalog for one year. If you have any questions, please contact Ken Hansen.
The 2008 ILTA Course Catalog (Q4) can be downloaded from ILTA's site.