Tomorrow, November 19th, marks the launch of Virtual LegalTech. In anticipation of the launch, InsideLegal met with Rob Hafiz, ALM's Director of Sales & Business Development, to get the scoop.
To start, here is the answer to "What is Virtual LegalTech" from ALM's website...
"Virtual LegalTech offers all the powerful educational and networking opportunities of LegalTech, the premier conference and trade show for technology in the legal community. VLT is a showcase for the latest hardware, software, tools and services that are moving the practice of law ahead through innovative solutions. It's also an invaluable chance to talk with colleagues, share best practices and make connections with professionals from law firms and corporate legal departments from all over the world.
VLT's fully interactive virtual environment enables you to do all the things you'd do at a live event: attend presentations and panel discussions, talk with vendors, see product demonstrations, collect information, network with colleagues and get the latest news from the ever-evolving arena of legal technology. The show is open all year around, 24 hours a day, seven days a week."
In addition to being open 24/7/365, Virtual LegalTech will also have "live day" dates every quarter that will include live programs and webinars. The Virtual LegalTech agenda for the debut "live day" tomorrow consists of 6 sessions:
11am - Cost-Conscious Technology Adoption (Sponsored by IPRO Tech)
- Joe Utsler, Vice President of Product Strategy, IPRO Tech
- Rachelle Rennagel, Chief Knowledge Officer, Sheppard Mullin Richter and Hampton LLP
- Alston W. Walker, Manager, Litigation Practice Systems - Litigation Technology and Support Services, Fish & Richardson P.C.
12pm - The Challenge of Preserving and Collecting Evidence in a Cloud (Sponsored by Integreon)
- Jeff Fehrman, Vice President of Forensics and Consulting, Integreon
- Craig Ball, President, Craig D. Ball, P.C
- Tom Morrissey, Sr. Director, IT Litigation, Purdue Pharma LP (DC)
1pm - Thought Leader Series – Fixing the Broken Recruitment System (Sponsored by Mestel & Company and Hire Counsel)
- Ashish Nanda, Faculty Chair, Executive Education and Research Director, Center for Law and the Professions, Harvard Law School
- Aric Press, Editor-in-Chief, The American Lawyer
- Lynn Mestel, Esq., Founder and President of Mestel & Company and of Hire Counsel
2pm - International E-Discovery (Sponsored by Wave Software)
- Michelle Mahoney, Director of Applied Legal Technology, Mallesons Stephen Jaques
- George Rudoy, Director of Global Practice Technology and Information Services, Shearman & Sterling, LLP
- Chris Dale, eDiscovery Information Project
- Christopher Byrne, General Counsel, Wave Software
3pm - IT Leadership in Turbulent Times
- Monica Bay, Editor-in-Chief, Law Technology News, ALM
- James E. McKenna, Senior Manager of Infrastructure Operations, Morrison & Foerster LLP
- John G. Roman, Jr., Director, Litigation Technology Services, Nixon Peabody LLP
4pm - The Microsoft Boot Camp
- Donna Payne, CEO, PayneGroup
For More Information