Each year since 2006, InsideLegal and ILTA have partnered to produce the Annual ILTA Member Technology Purchasing Survey. This is a comprehensive, free market resource for ILTA members, non-ILTA firms, consultants/technologists and vendors to gauge the industry and develop a benchmark on what their peers/prospects are doing. The survey includes feedback from hundreds of ILTA law firms with 50 or more attorneys.
Since we produce this survey for the industry, we'd like your help and input. We are open to ideas and always looking to improve and update the survey, especially when it comes to the technology areas.
Please email us any suggestions you have for questions by June 3rd and we will evaluate them for inclusion in the 2011 survey that we present at the Annual ILTA Conference in Nashville August 21-25. If you would like to be included on the distribution list to receive the 2011 survey, sign up (for free) with your email at InsideLegal.com.
You can download the complete 2010 survey here, but below are some of the areas we currently cover:
- What the law firms bought in the last 12 months
- What the firms are buying in the next 12 months
- What technologies are you most excited about
- Are budgets increasing or decreasing
- How much can they sign off for vs. what has to go to executive committee
- How much they spend per attorney on technology
- What blogs/publications do they read
- What influences/aids in their purchasing decision
- What percentage of firm revenue do they spend on technology
- Their/their users satisfaction with technologies implemented
- What consultants they are working with
In addition, every year, we dive a bit deeper into one hot topic. In the past, we have included in-depth analysis on topics including eDiscovery, virtualization, SaaS and most recently, cloud computing. Any hot topic you would like considered should be emailed our way as well.