Each year since 2006, ILTA has commissioned InsideLegal to produce the Annual ILTA Member Technology Purchasing Survey. This is a comprehensive, free market resource for ILTA members, non-ILTA firms, consultants/technologists and vendors to gauge the industry and develop a benchmark on what their peers/prospects are doing. The survey includes feedback from hundreds of ILTA law firms with 50 or more attorneys.
This is a particularly helpful document for ILTA exhibitors to review and be familiar with while planning their attendance at the upcoming conference. The updated survey for 2011 is now underway and we will be releasing that report at the upcoming ILTA Annual Conference August 21-25 in Nashville.
You can download the complete 2010 survey here, but below are some of the areas we currently cover:
- What the law firms bought in the last 12 months
- What the firms are buying in the next 12 months
- What technologies were you most excited about
- Are their budgets increasing or decreasing
- How much can they sign off for vs. what has to go to executive committee
- How much they spend per attorney on technology
- What blogs/publications do they read
- What influences/aids in their purchasing decision
- What percentage of firm revenue do they spend on technology
- Their/their users satisfaction with technologies implemented
- What consultants they are working with
If you would like to be included on the distribution list to receive the 2011 survey, sign up (for free) with your email at InsideLegal.com. You can also email JoAnna Forshee with any questions regarding the project.