As summer quickly approaches, so are several technology programs and conferences produced by the International Legal Technology Association (ILTA). First up, the annual SharePoint Symposium (June 11-12) followed by the inaugural LegalSEC Summit (June 13), both at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center (Chicago area). The 6th annual SharePoint Symposium will see 180 attendees engage in 2 days of Microsoft SharePoint-related keynotes and sessions covering everything from SP architecture to workflow. The program includes 16 sessions including daily keynotes and runs from 8:30-5PM (June 11) and 8:30-4:00PM (June 12) including ample time for networking and visiting with the 30+ legal exhibitors that are supporting the cause and showcasing SharePoint-related technologies and services.
ILTA's LegalSEC Summit kicks-off on Thursday and is the inaugural one-day education and networking event for legal technology professionals who deal with security in their law firms and law departments. The educational program has been developed by ILTA's Server Operations and Risk & Records Management peer groups and features 16 speakers and 9 sessions including a 'cybercrime and legal security' keynote by FBI Chicago Special Agent Eric Brelsford. The first year event looks to draw 100 security attendees and approximately 20 exhibitors.
Here are our top tips for next week's SharePoint/LegalSEC double feature:
- Download the handy Mobile App for the ILTA SharePoint Symposium / LegalSEC Summit for access to the agendas, speaker details, attendee lists, vendor directory, Westin resort info, exhibit hall and much more. The mobile app is available for iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
- If you work/live in the Chicago area and are involved with ANYTHING related to SharePoint in Legal or legal security, register to attend either program or both. ILTA offers several flexible registration options.
- Dealing with information overload? Wondering how to make sense of Big Data? Check out the 'Data Visualization in SharePoint' session that will introduce tools and techniques attorneys as well as IT can use to better understand and action information.
- The LegalSEC 'top 10' session will provide just as many tips on improving firms' security posture especially as it relates to information security programs.
- We've all heard about the creative BYOD programs firms are rolling out, but what about the policies and security measures associated with a sound initiative? Check out the final session of the LegalSEC summit to learn more.
InsideLegal will participate in both events next week so stay tuned for more coverage and follow-up.